Saturday 15 January 2011

I Love You With All My Hearts

I enjoyed a little project this week working on a gift for a friend. I never forgot the kindness shown to me by Fritha Strickland (http://tigerlillyquinn.blogspot.com/) when I was poorly. Although we barely knew each other she took the time and care to send me a parcel of handmade goodies to make me feel better. Her illustrations are fabulous and this one in particular has a beautiful sentiment



So I decided to set about bringing her beautiful octopus to life to send on to her and was really pleased with the results.


It actually turned out to be a great exercise for me besides anything else as it got me thinking outside of my usual style of design. I finished another creation today which is also intended as a gift so I can't blog it yet but I am REALLY happy with it. Watch this space for it's appearance this time tommorow.

1 comment:

  1. aww yay! I love it so much, it lives in our living room now..just have to think of a name for it! xo

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://mistressofmonsters.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.